Oration & Elocution Program
I to IV: Teacher
are requested to ask the students to bring the speech which they are giving to speak on Saturday, and note that the speech should be precise. Ask the students to barn and come as they have to speak it without looking.
V to VII: Teacher
of std. V. VI. VII are requested to note down the topics of their respective classes then write the topics on the board. And the students are suppose to prepare themselves with any 1 topic.
- For std. – V
- First heavy rains My favorite game Ideal studcnt
- For std. – VI
- Environment What would I like to be? Computer
- For std. – VII
- Grow trees and save life My childhood memories Students and discipline
students of std. VIII. IX. X will be given the topic in the last perioc on !iidav and will
have to speak on any one topic after picking a chit provided by teachers.
For std. – VIII For std. – IX
- Pollution – A Global Problem Computer : Wonders of Modern World
- My favorite literature (writer) Importance of training women in society
- Festivals of India Hardwork is gem
Note : Selection for the Bal Pratibha Spardha will be done from this performance.
Today for std. I toIV, oration program has been organised in our school.
oration means to explain or give a speech pertaining to a certain function or event.
- The objectives behind organising this programme are
- Develops the hidden talents of the child
- Develops the quality of leadership
- Achieves expertise on the language
- Learns to intermingle with others willingly. It is possible that in future some of
- these children may become a good orator.
The main aim of this program is to make a child more confident.
- The teachers must explain to the students the below mentioned points
- How to stand infront of a mike. Make them aware about the volume, pronunciation.
- eye-contact, expressions. variations in modulation, body language, etc.
- The students must include the topics like addressing, welcome, regarding their
- speech, thanks giving, etc., in their speech.
The elocution program has been organized for the students of std.-V to VIII.
- Elocution means a skill or an art to speak in an effective manner and also the
- expertise to give speech.
- The objectives behind organizing this program are :-
- The students are initiated to do research.
- Learn to give the presentation in an effective way.
- Learn to give presentation keeping in mind the time-limit.
- Becomes aware of the present situation.
- Learns to collect various views and opinions and assemble them in
- appropriate points.
- The child analyses his/her surrounding, evaluates and then shares his/her experience.
- Also learns to use the language appropriate to the topic.
- The student develops his own personal views regarding the topic.
The classteachers must listen to each student’s speech carefully and give necessary
guidance if required.